Monday, September 29, 2008

Mommy Tag

What time do your kids wake up? Munchkin-6:45; Monkey-7:00

On a good night, what time do your kids go to sleep? Munchkin-8:30; Monkey-Between 7:30 & 8:00, but occasionally has a 10:00 feeding, but that’s ok with me.

How long have you been a mom? Almost 4 years

How old were you when you became a mom? 22

What is your favorite kid show? Signing Time

Least favorite kid TV show? Most Saturday Morning stuff. It’s all very “Teeny Bopper” stuff.

Favorite meal to cook? German Pancakes or Shepherd’s Pie

What is the meal cooked most often? Rice with some sort of sauce

What is the kids favorite meal? Spaghetti

What are your favorite things that Husband does with the kids? I love when he tickles them so much that just their laughter can make you laugh!

What are 5 things that make you smile while being a mom?
When I can hear her playing house or school all by herself.
When Monkey looks at me and smiles.
When Munchkin wants to snuggle “for two minutes” every night before she goes to sleep.
When Munchkin says the prayer all by herself and is so excited when she does!
When I sit on the rocker chair and I have both children on my lap hugging each other.

Where do you want to take your kids someday? Disneyland! Of, course!

When was the last time you and your husband went out without the kids? In August, our Stake hosted a multi-stake dance, and since Hikari is in the Stake YM, we chaperoned for it. Does that count? Before then, I think when we went to dinner and a movie for our Anniversary in June.

One thing you said you'd never do as a mom? I would never “give in” to their whining. This one is actually a lot harder than I ever thought. I have always felt so guilty for working and being away as much as I do, that it’s hard to draw the line. But I’m doing a lot better since I’ve been home more.

Favorite past time with your kids? Going to the library, and making Projects at home

Advice for a new mom: Sit back and watch. Enjoy each moment, because if you worry about the future, you miss it. It goes by way to fast.

When was the last time your kids said "I love you"? This morning before I left.

I really needed this post today. It was one of those weekends where patience was running very thin, and I almost forgot how much I love my children, and how much I love being a mom! Thanks for the reminder, Chrissy!

5 comments:

Chrissy, said...

You are one of the most pacient Moms I know. I wish Saturday morning toons were good. There are some good ones but they are hard to find. Good tag Nicole

Ashley said...

Hi Nicole,
I found your blog through Chans. Your little girl is beautiful! What a cute little dancer! And your little boy is darling as well. It was fun to see pictures of your family!!!
Ashley Swenson (Jepperson)

We have a blog too, but it is private, so if you want an invite emial me... ashleyjswenson@gmail.com

mikeandash said...

I love the post. It's so fun to hear other mom experiences from friends!

Emily said...

I really like this tag because it helps us truly cherish the little things that seem to make motherhood worthwhile! :)

Becky said...

Too cute! Your daughter sounds a lot like Caylee. She always wants me to cuddle with her for what she calls 10 sleeps. (I count to ten really slow while pretending to asleep) lol I think they will have fun together!!