Saturday, December 6, 2008

Been a while...

Well, I realized that I needed to post again since my last post was nearly 2 months ago! Oops. As for us, things are just as busy as always. Since I was cut back to just one day a week again at work, I decided I wanted to expand my piano teaching. I've been teaching my nieces and nephews for about 3 1/2 years, and now I have two new students. Munchkin is also continuing lessons. It's been a slow process, but she likes to show off what she's learned. Hopefully I can pick up a few more students in the next little bit, too. When I started teaching my nieces and nephews, Idid it as a thank you for watching my kids while I worked, and it has turned into something I really enjoy. There is nothing like seeing the light go on and the joy of music is discovered in someone else.

1 comment:

The cool family! said...

That's neat you play and teach piano! My family and I are all musically handicapped! I like to listen to it... but that's about all we can do! I'd LOVE to learn an instrument (namely the piano), but have never had the chance, and now I'm just way too busy!
Good to see you on here though! I wish I lived closer now that all my cousins have kids the same age as mine!